EVLT laser treatment eliminates varicose veins at the source. The Laser Vein Center of Connecticut prescribes appropriate treatment of venous problems including leg compression therapy, EVLT, and sclerotherapy.
- Comprehensive evaluation of venous system
- Evaluation and design of appropriate compression therapy
- Long term monitoring and management of venous problems
- Spider Vein Treatment
- Compression treatment
- The Laser Vein Center endorses and uses MediUSA compression products.
- Ligation and stripping
EVLT laser treatment
EVLT® Eliminates Varicose Veins at the Source
The twisted bulging that causes discomfort and embarrassment results from faulty valves in the veins. As blood flows through your veins to the heart, stop valves are supposed to prevent the blood from flowing backwards as gravity pulls it down. If the valves don't close properly, blood pools in the vein, forcing the walls to enlarge and bulge out.
EVLT® or EndoVenous Laser Therapy uses targeted laser energy to seal the vein shut and help you look and feel better fast.
Treatment in less than an hour.
- Can be performed in the doctor's office.
- Immediate relief of symptoms.
- Return to normal activity immediately -with little or no pain.
- No anesthesia or hospitalization.
- No scars.
The EVLT® Procedure
EVLT® is a quick, minimally invasive laser procedure that leaves no scar and can be performed in your doctor's office.The treatment takes less than one hour. Here's what to expect:
- Your doctor uses ultrasound to map out your vein.
- Local anesthetic is applied.
- A thin laser fiber is inserted through a tiny entry point, usually near the knee.
- Laser energy is delivered to seal the faulty vein.
- Walking immediately after the procedure is encouraged. Normal daily activity can be resumed (just avoid rigorous activities, such as gym workouts).
- There may be minor soreness and bruising. Any discomfort can be treated with over-the-counter, non-aspirin pain relievers as needed.
"EVLT® IS A TREMENDOUSLY SAFE AND EFFECTIVE PROCEDURE."
- Robert Min, M.D.
Founder & Director of Cornell Vascular
Assistant Professor of Vascular Interventional Radiology
Weill Medical College of Cornell University
To learn more about EVLT®, click here
Frequently Asked Questions
The laser energy damages the vein walls, shrinking them and closing the faulty vein so that the blood cannot flow through it.This eliminates vein bulging at its source.
No. After treatment, the blood in the faulty veins will be diverted to the many normal veins in the leg.
The only minimal complications experienced with EVLT® have been a small number of cases of numbness that passes quickly.
No. Just as a precaution against accidental firing of laser energy outside the body, you will be given a pair of special glasses to protect your eyes.
Published clinical studies show that EVLT® has a 98% initial success rate with excellent long-term results.
"Poetry in Motion"
"Working The Land With Mark De Stefano"
To learn more about EVLT® please visit their website.